Ecuador: Mother arrested after accidentally giving infant rat poison, child dies

Posted on November 14, 2013 • Filed under: Ecuador, Latin America Health reported a child one year and eleven months died in a hospital after he allegedly gave her mother accidentally drinking rat poison. The incident occurred Saturday afternoon in Santa Rosa. The woman, 31, said his intention was to supply the small syrup for flu and he was wrong. The infant was rushed to a nursing home, where he was admitted with symptoms of poisoning to the ICU. Later doctors reported his death. The mother was arrested by the Dinapen (National Police Department for Children and Adolescents), while Forensic and Homicide officers are investigating the alleged commission of a crime against life. Read Article

Share This Story
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • email