Argentina: Tourist dies after eating shell fish infected from red tide

Posted on December 14, 2011 • Filed under: Argentina, Latin America Health, TRAVEL

An Argentine tourist residence in Brazil, traveling on a sailboat on the Patagonian coast with her daughter and two friends, died today in the town of Camarones Chubut, intoxicated with shellfish affected by red tide. Meanwhile, 24 year old guard remains hospitalized in the Hospital of Trelew, but out of danger. Unaware of the ban, tourists have gathered shellfish in the path of travel and began to feel ill offshore Shrimp, located 190 kilometers north of Comodoro Rivadavia. Read Article

Share This Story
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • email