Colombia: FARC says truce threatened by continued by army’s attacks

Posted on January 19, 2015 • Filed under: Colombia, FARC, Police/Military Activity reported Colombia’s largest rebel group, the Farc, says the unilateral truce it declared last month is being threatened by the army’s continuing attacks. The Colombian government and the Farc have been engaged in peace talks in Cuba since November 2012. The rebels have called for a bilateral ceasefire during the talks, which are aimed at ending more than five decades of conflict. But the government has refused, saying the Farc would used the truce to rearm. Read Article

Share This Story
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • email