20 percent of Oaxacan communities without communal kitchens to help fight malnutrition

Posted on February 28, 2012 • Filed under: Agriculture, Latin America Health, Latin America Indigenous Issues, Mexico

Due to lack of budget
Huajuapan de León, Oaxaca. – Leticia Cortés Martínez, regional link address Mixteca Food Assistance in Oaxaca said that so far, over 80% of communities in the district of Huajuapan have the services provided by the Dining Community Nutrition to improve nutritional status of infants and women of childbearing age, with the remaining 20 percent who can not be met due to lack of resources.
In this regard, he added that of the 28 municipalities in this district, 24 have a communal kitchen and the locations of each of these men, which said that during the year 2011 began with the work at locations of high and primarily highly marginalized. Read Article

Share This Story
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • email